Rutgers School of Dental Medicine Dental Clinics
The Rutgers School of Dental Medicine Dental Clinics provide a full range of oral health services while also training the next generation of dentists. Patients are an active part of treatment and receive treatment options and preventive care. We emphasize communication, compassion and collaboration. We respect patients’ values, including their cultural and religious beliefs.
Clinic hours are Monday through Friday, 10 a.m. to 5 p.m.
To schedule your first appointment and evaluation, call 973-972-4242. If you experience delays due to high call volume, email email@example.com. Please provide your name and phone number; an administrative assistant will return your call to set up an appointment.
Our dental clinics are staffed by dental students who are under the ever-present guidance and supervision of faculty. Therefore, treatment typically takes longer than it would at a private dental office. Your screening visit can take up to four hours to complete, so please arrive promptly and devote enough time.
Referrals to our specialists should be sent to the emails below. Please scan the referral and attach it to your email. Include contact information and a staffer will respond.
Delta Dental of New Jersey Special Care Center
- Treats patients who have special needs such as cerebral palsy, Down syndrome, and Parkinson’s disease, and those who face mental or behavioral challenges
- Phone number: 973-972-7040
- Root canal therapy for prevention and treatment of pulpal (nerve) infections
- Phone number: 973-972-4690
General and Preventive Dentistry
- Basic and preventive dental care for patients of all ages
- Phone number: 973-972-4242
Oral and Maxillofacial Surgery
- Routine and complex tooth extraction, removal of diseased tissue, and surgical treatment of injuries
- Phone number: 973-972-4717
- Treats patients with temporomandibular, facial, and head pain that is not tooth-related
- Phone number: 973-972-6613
- Dental care for medically compromised patients
- Phone number: 973-972-3418
- Braces, correction of alignment of the teeth and jaw in adults and children
- Phone number: 973-972-4704
- Treatment for children 12 and under. Parents or guardians must be present for the first appointment to sign consent for treatment.
- Phone number: 973-972-4620
- Gum disease prevention and treatment
- Phone number: 973-972-4210
- Traditional treatment methods for dental prosthetics, as well as cosmetic restoration, advanced replacement of teeth with crowns, bridges, and removable partial and complete dentures
- Phone number: 973-972-5313
Self-parking is available at the Doctors Office Center parking garage on 12th Avenue, adjacent to the Rutgers School of Dental Medicine Dental Clinic. Rates are assessed hourly.
Metered street parking is available on Bergen Street and on 12th Avenue.
New Jersey Transit buses and trains serve Newark Penn Station, located in downtown Newark, about one mile from our building.
Our building is accessible from the New Jersey Transit bus routes number 31 and 34.