The Rutgers Health Cardiothoracic Surgery practice provides consultation, treatment, and surgical services for cardiac and thoracic disorders. Our expert surgeons have extensive training in routine and complex adult cardiac and thoracic surgery procedures. Our practice uses leading-edge technology to help patients return to full, productive lives.
The surgical procedures we perform emphasize leading-edge techniques for myocardial (heart muscle) preservation and blood conservation, including:
- Cardiac tumor removal
- Complex aortic surgery including
- Arch replacements
- Endovascular repair of thoracic aorta (due to weakness and enlargement of the aorta’s wall and deterioration of its elasticity)
- Congenital abnormality repair in adults
- Coronary artery bypass surgery including
- Arterial bypass
- Saphenous vein grafting
- Minimally invasive cardiac surgery
- Off-pump coronary artery bypass grafting (OPCAB)
- Repair or replacement of diseased cardiac valves including
- Mitral valve repair
- Treatment of cardiac arrhythmias including implantation of pacemakers and defibrillators
- Treatment of cardiac trauma
Physicians who serve the Rutgers Health Cardiothoracic Surgery practice are on the faculty of Rutgers Robert Wood Johnson Medical School or Rutgers New Jersey Medical School. Both are parts of Rutgers University, one of the top research institutions in America. Our doctors are active in research and teach about all aspects of cardiothoracic surgery, and each brings leading-edge knowledge from the classroom to the exam room.
If you or a loved one is in need of surgical treatment for cardiac and thoracic disorders, please make an appointment with the Rutgers Health Cardiothoracic Surgery practice today.