Undergraduate Routine and Preventive Dental Clinic
If you are in need of basic dental care, you can choose to receive treatment, or receive treatment at the Rutgers School of Dental Medicine Undergraduate Dental Clinic in Newark by dental students who are under the ever-present guidance and supervision of faculty members.
Patients are encouraged to make appointments by phone 973-972-4242 or by email, [email protected] When calling or emailing, please provide your name and phone number; an administrative assistant will return your call to set up an appointment.
Upon arrival at the Undergraduate Dental Clinic, you will need to complete a medical history and personal information form, and then will be registered by administrative staff. The cost of your initial screening is $55 and is covered by insurance .
Your screening will include an overview of your condition. Depending on your condition, you may receive either a full-mouth set of x-rays (about 18 pictures taken inside your mouth) or a panoramic x-ray (one picture taken outside your mouth). Our $55 fee only covers one of these types of x-rays. Should the dentist recommend performing both types of x-rays, there will be an additional fee to cover that cost.
Our goal is to make your visit to the UDA Undergraduate General Dentistry Clinic as rewarding as possible, but please be aware of the following:
- Screening can take up to four hours to complete, so please arrive promptly and leave enough time in your schedule for its completion.
- It can take up to eight weeks or longer for a dental student to receive your case. The wait time may be subject to specific dates and student availability.
- The faculty dentist providing an evaluation may consider your condition too complex for our undergraduate clinic. In this case, you will gain a referral to our post-graduate clinics. Residents in our postgraduate clinics have completed general dental training and are in the process of obtaining specialty degrees. Fees charged in post-graduate clinics are higher than the undergraduate clinic.
- If you have severe medical complications but still seek treatment, your physician may need to complete a “clearance for dental treatment” form before treatment can continue.
- The dental school does not provide parking validation.
If you or a loved one are in need of general or preventive dental services, please schedule an appointment with the Rutgers School of Dental Medicine Undergraduate Dental Clinic today.