Primary Care (Family Medicine and General Internal Medicine)
Rutgers Health Primary Care provides comprehensive and compassionate care for kids, families, adults, and seniors 24 hours per day, 7 days per week. From physical examinations to treatment of minor injuries to monitoring and treating chronic disorders, our doctors possess the skills to provide primary care and help patients manage chronic illnesses. Many of our doctors see patients in office settings and some serve as hospital-based physicians (hospitalists). All have a commitment to preventing, diagnosing, and treating diseases that affect adults.
Physicians who serve our practice are active in teaching, research, and service. Our doctors are on the faculty of Rutgers Robert Wood Johnson Medical School or Rutgers New Jersey Medical School. Both are parts of Rutgers University, one of the top research institutions in America. Each brings life-changing knowledge from the classroom to the exam room.
The advantage our primary care physicians bring to our patients and families is that they can offer case management and liaison services when it is appropriate to see a Rutgers Health specialist. And should your condition require hospitalization, we have physician teams available who can coordinate your care. Our doctors and clinical staff often see people in outpatient settings throughout New Jersey in long-term care and assisted living facilities, and in the home.
Some of the diseases and conditions we treat include:
- Blood diseases
- Digestive conditions
- Diseases of the heart and blood vessels
- Hormonal disorders
- Kidney diseases
- Respiratory disorders
Rutgers Health Primary Care has many services to meet the changing needs of our patients, including:
- Annual wellness visits for Medicare patients
- Community-Based Clinical Services:
- New Community Corporation (NCC) Extended Care Facility (nursing home)
- S.A.V.E. (Screening Access of Value to Essex Women and Men): Provides high-quality health care for women, by women
- Executive Health program: Leading-edge diagnostic care and examinations for early disease detection
- Family care
- Geriatric services
- Home visits
- Innovations in Bloodless Surgery and Medicine program: Bloodless techniques in every surgical and medical specialty
- Maternity care
- New Jersey Family Practice Center
- Occupational Medicine Service: High-quality occupational health services for employers and employees
- Sports medicine
- Tobacco Dependence Program: Evidence-based tobacco treatment for those who need to quit
- UMDCare: High-quality health care for adults in a setting close to hospital services
- Women's health
If you or a loved one is seeking physicians who take a comprehensive approach to your health, please contact Rutgers Health Primary Care for an appointment today.