Sports medicine is a specialized field focusing on the diagnosis, treatment, or prevention of musculoskeletal injuries. You may need to see a sports medicine specialist to treat sports-related or other physical damage to your bones, joints, or muscles.
At Rutgers Health, our sports medicine providers specialize in primary care and orthopaedic sports medicine and are on faculty at Rutgers New Jersey Medical School or Rutgers Robert Wood Johnson Medical School, both part of Rutgers University, one of the top research institutions in America.
Active in research and training the next generation of medical professionals, Rutgers Health Sports Medicine providers bring leading-edge expertise and advances in sports medicine to patient care. Our practice is comprised of caring, compassionate physicians who can offer both non-surgical and surgical options to treating your specific condition.
Conditions We Treat
- Back pain or injury
- Joint pain
- Knee pain or injury, including knee ligament injuries or meniscal tears
- Medical illnesses in exercising individuals
- Neck pain
- Pain in the spine and extremities
- Shoulder pain or injury, including rotator cuff tears and other shoulder instabilities
- Simple and complex fractures
- Soft tissue injuries
- Sports injuries and illness, including metabolic issues
- Sprains and strains
If you or a loved one requires treatment for a sports-related or other musculoskeletal injury, please make an appointment to see a Rutgers Health Sports Medicine provider today.