As the state’s largest academic health system, Rutgers Health, along with partner RWJBarnabas Health, provides you a significant advantage when it comes to your health care needs. We offer access to routine and complex treatments, compassionate and lifesaving care, and providers who are translating research and discoveries into new cures, advanced therapies, and specialized treatments.
What advantages does our academic health system offer patients?
- Access to a full range of care—primary, specialty, and subspecialty—provided by board-certified and specialty-trained physicians and providers. We offer care in more than 200 specialty and subspecialty service areas including primary care, cardiology, behavioral health, neurology, orthopaedics, and obstetrics and gynecology (OB-GYN).
- Care informed by best practices and the latest scientific developments.
- Discoveries translated into new treatment options that are available to you first, including clinical trials—research studies offering treatments that may only be available here.
- More than 450 clinical trials conducted across 27 clinical sites.
- Home to the state’s only National Cancer Institute-designated comprehensive cancer center, Rutgers Cancer Institute of New Jersey, whose singular mission is to help individuals fight cancer.
- A continuous learning environment for teaching tomorrow’s health care providers informed by the latest treatments and technology that lead to improved care and health outcomes.
- Care close to home by more than 1,300 providers—physicians, dentists, psychologists, nurses, and other allied health professionals. Our team of professionals meets and cares for patients in clinical sites throughout New Jersey.
Rutgers Health is improving the way health care services reach people in New Jersey through more than 2.8 million patient visits annually. We transform lives through health innovations, with patient care informed by leading-edge research, and by the combined knowledge and expertise of our experienced providers and next generation of health care professionals.