Rutgers Health, which unifies the clinical programs of the medical schools, schools of health professions, centers, and institutes of Rutgers University, logs over 2.1 million patient visits annually. And as an academically-based health care provider, our patients are benefiting from research that we lead. In fact, researchers are conducting 350 clinical trials right now.
A Research Powerhouse
In FY2017 alone:
- Rutgers expended $712 million in research and development, placing it among the nation’s top public universities for research and development expenditures.
- Rutgers received $608.7 million in sponsored research grants and awards.
Such investments help us attract more faculty and student leaders, deepen research collaborations, and optimize the coordination of health care for the people of New Jersey.
Rutgers University continues to build on its reputation as one of the top research institutions in America. It is:
- #1 in the Nation, on the College Factual list of Best Colleges Offering Degrees in Health Professions
- #1 in New Jersey, on the U.S. News & World Report list of Best Graduate Schools in Medicine-Research; Nursing-Anesthesiology; Nursing-D.N.P.; Nursing-Master’s; Nursing-Midwifery; Pharmacy; Physical Therapy; Physician Assistant; Public Health; Rehabilitation Counseling
- Home to 300 research centers and institutes statewide
Additionally, Rutgers Cancer Institute of New Jersey is the state’s only National Cancer Institute-designated Comprehensive Cancer Center.
Rutgers Health trains tomorrow’s health care providers while providing access to innovative treatments and compassionate care. We serve the people of New Jersey with life-changing research, services, and care that meet the health care needs of our patients.